28 January 2007
Well, our 1SG is a fitness fanatic. He's a prior triathlete, so he's all about working out. Which is okay because I've gotten away from working out in non-military ways, so I think I'll have fun.
Yesterday we 'ran' up a mountain a the far end of post. It was about 2 miles to and from the mountain, then about two miles both ways up and down the mountain. I was expecting a mountain with a one person wide dirt trail, but this was actually a road to the top of the mountain where people lived. The roads here, mind you, are only one lane wide and there's no snow removal services here, so it was a little treacherous in places.
Unfortunately Korea is a pretty hazy country, someone said that it's only clear 17 days out of the year, and yesterday was not one of them. It wasn't so thick you couldn't see, but it definitely was too hazy to have any real spectacular views.
For dinner we went to this restaurant that everyone kept referring to as Beavers, but I found out that's just the owners American Name. They claimed it to be an amazing American style BBQ place, so we went there for dinner. It was a lot of fun though because they come and pick you up from the post gate, then drive you up this mountain. The restaurant looked like a homey wood cabin you'd find in the states, and the food actually was really good. Different types of pork and beef come out in big bowls with a bunch of different sides and you just take what ever you want and the ladies will just bring out more.
Dad and Greg, you would enjoy this, the electrics in the place was not in the wall. I don't know what the correct termonology would be, but all the wires were out on the ceiling and then the different lights or TVs, fans, whatever required electricity was hooked into it. It was pretty interesting even though I have no idea how it works.
Well, our 1SG is a fitness fanatic. He's a prior triathlete, so he's all about working out. Which is okay because I've gotten away from working out in non-military ways, so I think I'll have fun.
Yesterday we 'ran' up a mountain a the far end of post. It was about 2 miles to and from the mountain, then about two miles both ways up and down the mountain. I was expecting a mountain with a one person wide dirt trail, but this was actually a road to the top of the mountain where people lived. The roads here, mind you, are only one lane wide and there's no snow removal services here, so it was a little treacherous in places.
Unfortunately Korea is a pretty hazy country, someone said that it's only clear 17 days out of the year, and yesterday was not one of them. It wasn't so thick you couldn't see, but it definitely was too hazy to have any real spectacular views.
For dinner we went to this restaurant that everyone kept referring to as Beavers, but I found out that's just the owners American Name. They claimed it to be an amazing American style BBQ place, so we went there for dinner. It was a lot of fun though because they come and pick you up from the post gate, then drive you up this mountain. The restaurant looked like a homey wood cabin you'd find in the states, and the food actually was really good. Different types of pork and beef come out in big bowls with a bunch of different sides and you just take what ever you want and the ladies will just bring out more.
Dad and Greg, you would enjoy this, the electrics in the place was not in the wall. I don't know what the correct termonology would be, but all the wires were out on the ceiling and then the different lights or TVs, fans, whatever required electricity was hooked into it. It was pretty interesting even though I have no idea how it works.

1 comment:
Great work.
Post a Comment