Where in the World?

Wednesday, January 10, 2007






11 January 2007

I finally managed to figure out how to change my computer from Korean to English, so this whole surfing the web and creating a blog is much easier now.

I've been in Korea a week now, just as long as I was home!! Things are nothing short of interesting. We're in the middle of three weeks worth of in-processing, but it's all a little chaotic because we're medical. I'm finally up at Camp Casey where I'll be for the year, we're moved in even though we skipped a step in our in-processing and have to leave for a week next week for a safety class down closer to Seoul.

I'm still not sure what I'm doing as far as a job yet because there are only two medical slots open for LTs and there are 4 of us. So I may be with a company that is not medical acting as the XO, which is not a job where it would really be that bad that I'm medical. In about two weeks I should know more.

We haven't seen too much of Korea yet. Saturday we went to the Gyeongbokgung palace in Seoul. We only went there because it was the only thing we could find that was open on Saturday. It was fun though, mainly because we managed to figure out the subway and it was snowing! Since I missed all the snow in Colorado, this brought my winter spirits back up.

This weekend is a four day weekend for MLK day, but we may end up going out to the field to meet the Battalion Commander. Luckily yesterday we got all our cold weather gear so hopefully if we go to the field we'll be warm.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll have something more exciting to report. Until then, I'll be attempting to learn some key Korean phrases and staying motivated while they shuffle us around here!

7 comments:

Janice said...

Thanks for the pictures - it looks very wintery!

Unknown said...

At first I thought the second picture was fake. It looks just like the Foothills yet with Korean architecture! Nice pictures.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful way to share your adventure! Are the men in the foreground of the 3rd picture palace guards?

Caitlin Ebbets said...

The guys aren't palace guards for security, they were there to show the historical uniforms the guards wore, and so that you could take pictures. The real security for the palace were regular Seoul Police Officers.

Unknown said...

the pictures are so good I thought they were postguards. I am so glad you are taking us along on this journey with you.thanks

Unknown said...

you definitely need to perfect "the look" the one that makes it clear you know exactly what you are doing and where you are. then hopefully it will become true. may the adventures all be happy and the food sounds great.

p conway said...

Hi Caitlin...sorry it took so long to comment but time has been hard to find lately. Gone alot, I'll try to be better. The pictures you've taken are beautiful. I love seeing the ones of the food. Descriptions are good but pictures are better. Maybe while you're there someone will even teach you to cook some of their dishes and then you can cook for us one of these days. Be safe Caitlin and good luck on one of the two spots. Pat