Where in the World?

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Worms for Thanksgiving

Today I decided to go to Worms.  If for no other reason, it made me giggle to go to Worms on Thanksgiving.  According to my guide book it is one of the oldest towns in Germany with cathedrals dating back to the 1100s.  It's only about 80 kilometers from where I'm at, just far enough for me to get royally lost.  Lost on the autobahn.  Once I got un-lost and made it to the city of Worms, I got lost again trying to get to the old city center.  Super lost.  Lost like I ended up in some truck loading facility with a bunch of German truckers looking at me like I was a moron.  So then I got un-lost again and made it to the old city center.  The cathedral was really nice, from the outside, as I drove by, and got lost again.  So needless to say, my driving in Germany sucks.  I really need to learn how to read German street signs.  One day I will go back, possibly on the train so I don't have to worry about getting lost driving.

Life in Germany otherwise has been somewhat dull.  Because of my timing for getting to Germany all my in-processing is taking a while.  I did find a place to live and will move in sometimes next week. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

steve said...

Glad to see you're posting again. Have a nice holiday, hope you get some snow. Visitors already?