3 July 2009
I can't believe it's already July! Even though June seemed to drag on and May seems like eternity ago, it's July and we're almost out of here. September is the month we're leaving so July is the last regular work month and August will start all the redeployment fun. I'll be in Kuwait for about a month making sure all our equipment gets properly loaded on the boat to get shipped back to the States. Kuwait will be hotter than here, which makes me very angry, but there's a pool where I'm going so I'll take that over the dust here.
The temperatures are still rising. We haven't broken 120 yet but that's only because we have a dust storm about every four days. At this point I think I'd take the heat over dust but you just never win over here.
More exciting news I am now officially a Captain. In the Army you get promoted to Captain after 37 months as a commissioned officer, assuming you start as a 2LT. Officially my date of rank was 1 June, but it took until Monday for us to actually do the ceremony. It's pretty weird to wear the rank, but sadly it will help a lot with my job. You'd think proving daily that you're good at your job would be good enough but sometimes it's all about the rank.
Other than that it's life as usual. I get up and run about 4 times a week to get ready for the marathon. Most days it's a serious emotional event to get out of bed at 5am, but by 6 when I'm awake and done and can hang out for a while before work it's not so bad. Hope every one's summers are going well. Enjoy the less than 120 heat for me, where ever you are.

2 comments:
Hey Caitlin, Here it's not heat yet. It feels like Seattle in Jersey. Rain everyday for about a month and a half.
Caitlin, a huge congratulations on your promotion. Keep the faith and you'll be back in the states before you know it.
P.S. Riley is a proud new home owner in Tuscon. Now we have a place to stay when we go.
Post a Comment