27 August 2008
The time I just spent in Boulder makes my time spent in Boulder for 2008 almost a month! 28 days longer than 2007's total. It was also the longest I'd spent at home consecutively since I graduated college. But as always, it was nice to be home and not have to do anything. But my usual activities were followed which include: throwing off my sleep cycle, starting projects I don't finish, re-packing/organizing all my stuff still at home, and not accomplishing everything I want to. So all-in-all it was a successful trip, I did all my usual things.
This year was the first time since high school I was there for the students coming back. Sadly I still look like I'm about 19 to the rest of the world so I too was preparing for my freshman year...so I learned. Just about everywhere I went people mistook me for a college student getting things for my dorm or classes, saying good-bye to my parents. One guy didn't even believe me when I told him I graduated from college over 2 years ago! The nerve of him!
I have some pictures, but sadly the world of technology is once again kicking my butt and all my pictures are currently trapped in a little black box that won't connect to my computer...so those will either be lost forever or put up at a later date.
It was wonderful to see those of you I was able to see in Boulder and talk to those of you I couldn't see. I will try to call and/or write everyone before I leave. I'm scheduled to leave around mid-September. I'll be in transition for about a month before I'm really settled, training in Kuwait and then taking over for the unit leaving, but I will write as often as possible and keep my parents as up to date as possible.
Talk to you all soon.
This year was the first time since high school I was there for the students coming back. Sadly I still look like I'm about 19 to the rest of the world so I too was preparing for my freshman year...so I learned. Just about everywhere I went people mistook me for a college student getting things for my dorm or classes, saying good-bye to my parents. One guy didn't even believe me when I told him I graduated from college over 2 years ago! The nerve of him!
I have some pictures, but sadly the world of technology is once again kicking my butt and all my pictures are currently trapped in a little black box that won't connect to my computer...so those will either be lost forever or put up at a later date.
It was wonderful to see those of you I was able to see in Boulder and talk to those of you I couldn't see. I will try to call and/or write everyone before I leave. I'm scheduled to leave around mid-September. I'll be in transition for about a month before I'm really settled, training in Kuwait and then taking over for the unit leaving, but I will write as often as possible and keep my parents as up to date as possible.
Talk to you all soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment