7 April 2008
I've successfully completed my course! All 10 weeks, 140 some Power Point Presentations (3 of which I did), a couple warehouse visits, hours upon hours of staring at computers learning how to order band aids on systems that were supposed to be replaced 10 years ago, and of course being the student with instructors who push their 'I have power' button and tell you your a silly little person!
No, it wasn't all bad. It was a long and tedious class, but hopefully the information we learned will help out in the future. We had a graduation ceremony in the class room next door. Mom came down and brought with her the cold rainy weather. I don't know what it is but it was all hot and sunny in Texas then she came down and it turned yucky. Just like when she came down for my OBC graduation. Very strange.
We drove home in about 16 hours, so not too painful. We drove right through the West Texas town of Elderado while they were raiding a religious compound. We didn't know that until later when we were watching the news and decided we needed to avoid that town...too late.
Last weekend Elise came out for a visit. Our first one since before I went to Korea and probably our last one for a while just like everyone else. We did the Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure. It was pretty fun to be out there with so many people. We walked from the Alamodome to the Alamo and back. We also walked around the Riverwalk just like any good tourist should. We strategically planned out a trip to Sea World to be on a nice sunny day so we could enjoy the rides and sun, but it was raining the whole time we were there. We did a couple rides with all the middle schoolers on spring break, and watched the Shamu show so not all was lost.
It's nice to be home yet again. I have made serious progress in the packing and getting rid of the stuff I have accumulated. Mom will be proud when I leave and my stuff isn't in a pile! It snowed today also which was exciting. I'm about to bounce around the country to see as many of you as possible. Unfortunately the timing isn't excellent and I can't stay longer, but when I get back I should have ample time to actually spend time with everyone.
No, it wasn't all bad. It was a long and tedious class, but hopefully the information we learned will help out in the future. We had a graduation ceremony in the class room next door. Mom came down and brought with her the cold rainy weather. I don't know what it is but it was all hot and sunny in Texas then she came down and it turned yucky. Just like when she came down for my OBC graduation. Very strange.
We drove home in about 16 hours, so not too painful. We drove right through the West Texas town of Elderado while they were raiding a religious compound. We didn't know that until later when we were watching the news and decided we needed to avoid that town...too late.
Last weekend Elise came out for a visit. Our first one since before I went to Korea and probably our last one for a while just like everyone else. We did the Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure. It was pretty fun to be out there with so many people. We walked from the Alamodome to the Alamo and back. We also walked around the Riverwalk just like any good tourist should. We strategically planned out a trip to Sea World to be on a nice sunny day so we could enjoy the rides and sun, but it was raining the whole time we were there. We did a couple rides with all the middle schoolers on spring break, and watched the Shamu show so not all was lost.
It's nice to be home yet again. I have made serious progress in the packing and getting rid of the stuff I have accumulated. Mom will be proud when I leave and my stuff isn't in a pile! It snowed today also which was exciting. I'm about to bounce around the country to see as many of you as possible. Unfortunately the timing isn't excellent and I can't stay longer, but when I get back I should have ample time to actually spend time with everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment