Where in the World?

Friday, December 5, 2008

6 December 2008

Over the past about 5 weeks now there hasn't been a whole lot of change. We had Halloween which basiaclly consisted of some extremely bad decorations in our dinning facility. One of the guys in my section wore a sumo-wrestler blow-up outfit for a while which brought some much needed giggles to the office. Nothing really went on as far as 'parties' or 'trick-or-treating', it was just buisness as usual.

The beginning of November the weather was warm and dry so all the mud eventually dried up. It was almost getting dusty again when the rain started back up brought back the mud. That was about two weeks ago and the weather has not warmed up. It's been cool ever since, almost too cool. The lows are getting to about 40 so it's far colder than I ever thought it would get.

For Thanksgiving we had some good decorations in the dining facility. We also had some weird ones, like live turkeys, that I don't understand. We had a typical Thanksgiving meal (minus cranberry sauce:( ) and a military tradition for Thanksgiving is for the senior leadership (officers and senior sergeants) to serve the Soldiers, so we did that which is alwasy nice.

Other than work work work things are going well. We don't work long hours but I do stay late on days when we have short suspenses for instructions. There's not a whole lot to do for 'free time' so I've been reading, watching movies, and trying to sleep more.

I'm still working on getting pictures up, so hopefully soon you all can see this place too.

1 comment:

kadair said...

Dear Caitlin,
I just read your last entry…. Your descriptions are great- but I imagine the shift between ‘moon dust’ and mud is something you have to experience to really get the full effect. Sounds like they attempt to keep you connected to holidays – hmm – live turkeys? Did supply end up with a surplus? Lucky birds for now I guess!
Your mom keeps me posted on some of the other news via your phone calls. I think of you often and send you a sweet and gentle wave of thoughts across the space between us.
Kathleen Adair